- How many sheets are included in the foil transfer kit(s)?
- Gold: 2 of the foil, 2 of the adhesive transfer sheets and 2 parchment papers
- Silver: 2 of the foil, 2 of the adhesive transfer sheets and 2 parchment papers
- Cheetah: 2 of the foil, 2 of the adhesive transfer sheets and 2 parchment papers
- Shattered Glass: 2 of the foil, 2 of the adhesive transfer sheets and 2 parchment papers
- What setting do I set my iron to for NuFun Activities Foil Transfer Paper?
- Preheat iron to the cotton setting. Make sure the steam is turned off.
- Tips: It’s best to iron on a hard surface, laying a pillowcase on top. It’s advised not to iron on an ironing board.
- I want to use the NuFun Activities Foil Transfer and cut out a saying and place onto a shirt. Do I need to mirror or flip it?
- Yes, please ensure to mirror or flip the image before cutting. When using a cutter, have the glossy side face up on the mat using the vinyl cut settings. Once desired image is cut and weeded, lint roll the pre-washed fabric and place on fabric glossy face down on the fabric.
- What type of fabric should I use?
Textured or rough fabric will yield a rustic/distressed look versus smoother fabrics would provide better transfer performance.
- How long do I press my iron down on my adhesive glossy side face down?
- For a 4x4 area, iron for 30 seconds
- For a 8x8 area, iron for 60 seconds
- Larger than 8” iron for 80-90 seconds
- Let the adhesive completely cool before peeling off the backing on a flat surface at a 90’ angel
- How long do I press my iron down over the Foil Transfer Paper with the parchment paper?
- For a 4x4 area, iron for 20-30 seconds
- For a 8x8 area, iron for 45 seconds
- Larger than 8” iron for 60 seconds
- Remove parchment paper immediately, once the foil transfer is cool, peel foil at a sharp 90’ angel
- Can you print something on this?
- No, the idea of foil transfer is that you cut a writing or design on the adhesive sheet
(You can use a scissor or if you have a cutter such as Silhouette or Cricut, peel the excess adhesive liner off and then transfer the adhesive sheet in a mirrored form on the fabric, then peel cold and cover now the adhesive which is now on the garment with the foil, iron it and peel again when cold and voila you will have a foil wording or design on your shirt.
- Does the NuFun Activities Foil Transfer Paper stick on mugs?
- We don't recommend using it on mugs, we only recommend it on flat surfaces where you can iron the adhesive and the foil layer evenly.