DIY Iron-On Puzzle Kit Tips & Tricks
- How many puzzles/sheets of paper come in a pack?
- 3 Puzzles + 3 Transfer Sheets + 2 bonus Transfer Sheets
- What kind of printer do I need to print on?
- What is the puzzle made of?
- The puzzle is made of a very special type of felt that is compatible with NuFun Activities Transfer Paper.
- Do I need to mirror or flip my image before printing?
- Yes, and load transfer sheets into printer so the image is printed on the non-glossy (un-lined) side.
- What is the best way to apply the transfer to the puzzle?
- It can be applied with a household iron or heat press (do not steam) on a hard smooth surface (not an ironing board). Lay a pillowcase on the ironing surface.
- Note- set iron to “Linen” setting and iron firmly and evenly for approximately 2min 45 seconds.
- What is the best way to break the puzzle apart?
- Hold the puzzle sheet with both hands, carefully and gently snap apart the edge pieces on all four sides of the puzzle until the 0.5” border is separated.
- Discard the border. TIP: For a crisper look, use the iron set to the hottest setting and repress with the parchment paper for 30 seconds with the same left to right pattern.
- Make sure the border is removed and the parchment paper covers the entire puzzle as direct exposure with the iron and transfer could damage your masterpiece.
- Wait to peel the parchment paper until the puzzle is completely cool.
- Once cooled – Loosen and separate the rest of the puzzle, one vertical row at a time.
- Carefully separate each puzzle piece by pulling apart gently. Repeat with each row of the puzzle until all pieces are separated.