I used to think that carting around reusable grocery bags was such a nuisance. I have a hard enough time making myself even get to the grocery store much less remembering to get everything AND remembering to bring bags with me in the store! That was just too much. But let’s be honest, after you’ve had a few paper or plastic bags explode on you walking out of the store (maybe that only happens to me?) you start to convert to the beauty of the versatile reusable grocery bag.
So next comes the other issue – why are they so ugly?! There is just no need to be carting groceries about in one of those awful bags when you could have one that is personalized and cute. So let’s make it happen.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 -2 Sheets NuFun Activities Dark Fabric Transfer (depending on how big your design is)
- Plain reusable grocery bag
- Parchment Paper
- Make and print your design. I found mine on All Free Downloads! I made this one for a friend from our neighborhood garden. PS these also make great gifts.
- Carefully cut out your design with scissors. You can leave a white border or cut right along the design.
- Peel the backing paper off of your image carefully. I had to be extra careful with this particular design because those tiny leaves were barely attached to the tree!
- Place your transfer piece printed side up on the bag and cover with parchment paper, ensuring that everything is flat.
- Iron the transfer onto the bag using the NuFun Activities directions.
- Peel off the parchment paper and enjoy your smashing new grocery bag! Bonus: it wont explode when you overfill it.