We have just launched our NuFun Activities Shrink with Ink for Kids on amazon. So we wanted to find some great ways kids can have some fun with it. We found a creative resource for parents and teachers at totschooling.net. It has so many educational activities and free print outs for kids that can be used with NuFun Activities Shrink with Ink. We picked the Food Groups sorting activity. It comes in 2 versions – color and black & white, and includes the 5 main food groups and 20 images of foods for kids to sort into the correct group.
Click here for the printable! You can choose to cut out and shrink the ones that are already colored or print and color the black and white yourself. It is a great way for kids to have some fun while learning about healthy food choices.
When you use Shrink with Ink to create your sorting games they will last a lot longer than just printing them out on regular paper. It makes it extra special when kids create their own games to play.
Here is what you will need:
- NuFun Shrink with Ink
- Inkjet Printer
- Glue (optional)
- Food group sorting activity
- Cardboard (optional)
- Print your design/activity on shrink ink paper!
- If you printed out the blank coloring make sure you color them.
- Then you want to cut out your food groups.
- After, you want to place them in the oven following the NuFun directions located on the shrink ink package.
- [OPTIONAL] These steps are optional but we just added cardboard to the back to make it more stiff!
- When you are finished shrinking, give to the kiddos and let them have a blast!