Say what you will about them but Crocs definitely have their place in the world. They are particularly great for kids to slip on quickly and play outside. And what kid doesn’t love having their pet or their favorite character on their clothes? The holes in Crocs lend themselves to a great opportunity for fun and personalization! These Croc charms made with Shrink with Ink are so easy and fun to make! Let’s see how its done!
- 1 Sheet NuFun Activities Shrink with Ink
- Oven or toaster oven (do NOT use a microwave)
- Hot glue gun
- Blank Croc charms
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- First print your image. It can be anything from a photograph, to clip art to tv characters! I found these graphics on my favorite downloadable website, All Free Downloads! Always remember, when printing on Shrink with Ink, you will want to increase the brightness of your image by about 30%. This is because as the image shrinks, the color density will increase and the image will get darker.
- Cut out your images.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the sheet pan and place your cut out shrink shapes at least an inch apart on the pan.
- Shrink according to the instructions. Pieces are ready to come out of the oven when they lay completely flat.
- Once your shapes cool fully, remove them from the pan and place a small dot of glue on the back of the Shrink shape.
- Place the Croc charm blank on the glue dot to secure them together.
- Attach them to your Crocs and you’re on your way!
BONUS: Because Shrink with Ink works great when colored with colored pencils, you can color your own Shrink creations! Kids can wear their own art! Simply print a small coloring shape and color with colored pencils before shrinking!