This little guy just blows my mind. He actually MOVES! The other day, I stumbled across this awesome site that had a bunch of make your own action figures called Mgulin. My first thought was, how cool would this be if it was made out of Shrink with Ink?! Answer: Pretty darn cool.It is so easy, I’ll show you how to make your own Shrink with Ink action figure!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Sheet NuFun Activities Shrink with Ink
- Colored Pencils
- Brad Fasteners
- Hole Punch
- Oven/Toaster Oven
- Create and print your design, I found this printable action figure graphic designed to be made out of paper on Mgulin and decided it would work great with shrink.
- Color your image.
- Cut out your design and punch out the holes (two on each arm and leg) with a hole punch.
- Shrink your action figure body parts.
- Once you’ve shrunk the action figure parts.you can articulate them with the brad fasteners. Carefully stick a brad through the front of the hole in one arm and attach it to the hole in the shoulder and bend the brads back to secure the arm. Do the same for the other arm and then the legs.
- Note! You’ll notice that there are two holes in the arms and legs. the top hole is for the string to go through, so don’t put the brad fastener there.
- Once the arms and legs are attached to the body, you can now thread the string through the holes at the top of the arms and legs.Start threading from the back through the arm holes. Tie a knot in the string and leave a long tail. Then thread the string through both leg holes and tie another knot leaving a tail. Take the tail from the arm string and tie it to the loop of the leg holes. Now when you pull the string, the action figure will do jumping jacks!