Looking for a fun weekend craft? Pick up a canvas and some NuFun craft supplies from the store and go to town! This lead to my latest creation. I used a super simple method that turned out beautifully! You can also use the free printables that are in the last blog I did if you want a different quote instead. If you are interested in this awesome canvas project. Just keep scrolling for the step by step instructions on how to make your own personalized canvas!
- A canvas– I purchased mine at Micheal’s craft store.
- 1 Sheet NuFun Activities Dark Fabric Transfer Paper
- Cutting machine such as a Cricut or Silhouette
- Weeding Mask – optional but this makes the process a zillion times easier.
- Create your design. Microsoft word works great since you’re just printing words. Create a cut file for your cutting machine.
- Cut your design using whatever cutting machine you are comfortable with.
- Weed the transfer. This is super easy to do with NuFun Dark Fabric Transfer, but still, take your time so as to not pull up any of the lettering! I used an exacto knife to weed the insides if the letters.
- Place your weeding mask over the transfer. Press the weeding mask securely onto the transfer so that each letter peels off easily.
- Iron your transfer onto the canvas. With the weeding mask, it is not necessary to use parchment paper, however if you do not use a weeding mask, you MUST use parchment paper.
- Peel the mask. Because weeding masks are sticky, be careful when peeling. If the transfer tries to come with the weeding mask instead of sticking to the canvas– keep ironing! When the transfer is secure on the canvas, it will stay there and NOT be transferred on the weeding mask.
- You are then finished! Enjoy your beautiful canvas.
For more arts and craft ideas make sure to check out our social media pages at NuFun Activities