How often do you get your kids’ artwork and end up slapping it up on the fridge because, honestly, what else are you going to do with it? Well, in true NuFun style, I propose that we take that practice to the next level. Think of how proud your child will be when they see their artwork on display as a hand towel! Lets take a look at how you can make this crazy easy kids drawing hand towel in just a few minutes!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- White or light colored hand towel (cotton or poly blend fabric with more smooth texture – terry cloth not recommended for this application)
- Kids drawing
- 1 sheet NuFun Activities Light Fabric Transfer Paper
- Inkjet Printer
- Scan your drawing of choice. Don’t have a printer with scanning capabilities? Lay the drawing flat on a well lit surface and take a photo as straight on as possible.
- Mirror or flip the drawing with your computer or printer and print the image on the unlined side of the transfer paper.
- Trim excess around the drawing if necessary.
- Iron towel to remove any wrinkles and release moisture.
- Place transfer paper printed side down on transfer area and iron according to the instructions.
- Peel backing paper while it is still hot.
- Show off your kids drawing hand towel at home or give it as a gift to grandparents, aunts and uncles, you name it!
And hey, why with kids drawings? Have a favorite illustration or maybe even some of your own artwork? Go crazy and make a transfer out of those! Soon you’ll have a full art gallery.
Have more great project ideas with transfer paper? Share them with us! We love seeing what awesome crafts are out there!