You see them all over Pinterest and week after week in your Groupon emails – bet you never guessed creating your very own photo canvas artwork was as easy as this tutorial!
For this project, you will need:
- 8×8 fine art canvases (we bought our trio at Michael’s for under $10)
- 3 sheets of NuFun Activities Dark Fabric Transfer
- Ribbon of choice – at least 1″ wide – ours is 2.5″
- Hand iron
- Parchment paper
- Small nails, or in our case, we used flat pushpins that were laying around!
- Select the pictures you would like to print.
- Crop the pictures to the size of the canvas and print in Word or using any other photo editing program.
- Cut out each photo to fit the canvas, trimming excess white from the edges.
- Peel the transfer from the backing paper and position squarely over the canvas.
- Using the hand iron, parchment paper and following the manufacturer’s instructions, iron the photos onto each of the canvases.
6. Next, measure and cut the ribbon with enough room to tie the ribbon at the top and to attach each canvas at even intervals. (Check out this tutorial from Martha Stewart for a little bow-tying assistance!)
7. Place the canvases face down on your work surface and align the ribbon through the center of each canvas.
8. Then carefully hammer in one nail on the top and one on the bottom of each canvas to secure the ribbon to the frame of the canvas.
9. And voila! Your DIY Photo Canvases are ready to hang in your home!