This cute little keychain takes one of our favorite features of Shrink with Ink – its beautiful color quality when colored with pencils – to transform these little bugs into a lovely accessory. We are all about the adult coloring trend but, it is so hard to find something to actually do with your beautiful coloring after it is completed. Cue NuFun Activites Shrink with Ink to take your adult coloring projects to new heights! Let’s get started!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 sheet NuFun Activities Shrink with Ink
- 7 jump rings – I used 4 large and 3 standard but all standard works just fine.
- Needle-nose Pliers
- Oven or toaster oven
- Colored Pencils
- Print your design. For this multi-layer keychain I used these cute insects from NerdyMama.com. They are the perfect size to color and be small enough for a keychain.
- Color your design. Colored pencils work the best but markers can work as well. Remember to keep your coloring lighter than you want the final product, as the colors will become more saturated during shrinking.
- Cut out your insects. Try to avoid sharp corners, as the Shrink with Ink gets rigid as it shrinks and we don’t want a pointy keychain!
- Punch holes in the insects. This is when you will decide how you’re going to link your insects together. Have fun with this! I used two insects to attached to the keyring and then attached the other insects to those!
- Shrink your insects according to the instructions.
- Link your insects together with the jump rings.
- Finally, link your two main insects together with a jump ring and attached the whole piece to the keyring. You now have an adorable hand colored keychain! Way to go!
Have more awesome ideas for Shrink with Ink? Get in touch and share them with us!