Burlap Transfer is without a doubt one of the coolest features of NuFun Activities Light Fabric Transfer. Right now in craft stores, its basically burlap everything, so when I stumbled across these blank burlap canvasses, I knew it was a match made in heaven!
I am in love with my home city of Minneapolis so it seemed fitting to pay a little homage to the
“Minne-apple” with this design. The great thing about these burlap canvasses and how they work with NuFun Activities Light Fabric Transfer is that it works great with really any darker colored design! Keep in mind that the finished product will stand out better if the design is darker to show up on the darker burlap surface. Let’s get started!
Here’s all you’ll need – Its a short list!
- 1 Sheet NuFun Activities Light Fabric Transfer
- 1 Burlap Canvas (mine was 11″ x 9″ so the transfer paper fit nicely on it.)
- First, pick out your design. I found mine online. Keep it dark for best results!
- Mirror/Flip your image and then print it out on the unlined side of the transfer paper.
- Place your transfer on the canvas, print side down where you want it. Keep in mind that you will be able to see a little line where the transfer paper ends so I tried to center mine on the canvas for a clean look.
- Iron the transfer paper per the instructions.
- Peel the backing paper off of the transfer while it is still HOT. If the paper doesn’t come off easily, its not ready! Keep ironing!
- Enjoy your personalized work of art, you master crafter, you!